The ET90110WDM2 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Single Mode WDM Fiber Media Converter Kit SC (20km) lets you extend a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet connection over single mode fiber, at distances up to 20 km (12.4 mi).
The converter offers Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (WDM), enabling bi-directional communication over a single strand of fiber, essentially doubling the capacity of your existing fiber infrastructure without having to install new cabling.
The Ethernet to WDM Fiber Kit includes both endpoints (two interchangeable modules) - a simple solution for connecting 10/100Base-T networks to remote locations using SC-terminated single mode fiber. The Ethernet to Fiber Converter also features a durable all-steel chassis, and a simple plug-and-play installation with minimal configuration required.
For added versatility, this fiber media converter supports standalone operation, or one or both sides can be installed into a 20 Slot, 2U Rackmount Chassis (ETCHS2U).
1 - Local Media Converter Unit
1 - Remote Media Converter Unit
2 - Universal Power Adapters (NA/UK/EU)
- WDM (Wave Division Multiplexing) technology allows the use of a single fiber cable for full-duplex bi-directional communication
- Kit includes local and remote converter module for a complete solution
- Supports standalone operation, or installation into the ETCHS2U Rackmount Chassis
- Maximum Fiber Cable Length of 20Km
- Advanced features include Link-loss forwarding, remote status monitoring, two frame lengths
- Supports full or half-duplex operation
- Easy to use and install
- Provides connectivity to a user or network segment that is in an isolated area of a large complex or in another building altogether
- Suitable for environments such as government agencies, where security threats (network tapping, etc.) need to be prevented
- Connect traffic control/monitoring systems at extreme distances to the main office
- Extend network connectivity to remote areas of stadiums, auditoriums or other venues
- Converts 10/100Base-T Ethernet to 100Base-FX fiber optic signals (and back - includes both endpoints) over single mode fiber cable