The EC1S952 1 Port Native ExpressCard RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART lets you add an RS232 serial port to your laptop or ExpressCard-equipped desktop computer.
The serial ExpressCard is designed based on a single-chip architecture (as opposed to cards that use a "bridge chip"), providing native PCI Express communication for greater performance and reliability by reducing the CPU load by up to 48%, and lowering power consumption.
An included stabilizer bracket allows the EC1S952 to fit snugly in both 34mm and 54mm ExpressCard slots. Providing optimal communication with RS232 serial devices, this ExpressCard serial card supports baud rates of up to 115.2Kbps and features a 128-byte FIFO buffer, plus a high performance 16C950 UART.
1 - ExpressCard to Serial Adapter
1 - 34 to 54mm slot spacer
1 - Driver CD
- Supports high performance 16C950 UART with baud rates up to 115.2Kbps and backwards compatible with 16C550 UART
- ExpressCard 34mm and 54mm (with included adapter) Form Factor
- Single chip design optimizes speed, reliability and power
- Fully compliant with Express Card 1.0 Specifications
- Supports ASPM (L0S, L1) Link power management
- Automated in & out-of-band flow control
- Advanced FIFO fill management
- Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc
- Embedded system coding, building and diagnostics