The DS81072 is a 8-port Ethernet network switch enables up to 8 users to share files and devices (e.g. printers, scanners) over a LAN connection, by expanding an existing network's capacity with additional ports.
Compatible with both 10Base-T (10 Mbps) and 100Base-TX (100Mbps) networks, this fast Ethernet switch can automatically detect the type of network (auto- negotiation) as well as the type of cable (auto MDIX) and configure itself, making for an easy to install, Plug-and-Play networking solution.
- Eight 10/100Mbps capable RJ45 Ethernet ports
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T) and 802.3u (100Base-TX) standards
- Wall mountable or desktop installation options
- Auto negotiation and Auto MDIX detection on each port
- IEEE 802.3x compliant flow control for full duplex and backpressure for half duplex operation
- Supports automatic MAC address learning and aging
- Compact, desktop-style form factor with rubber stabilizer feet
- No configuration, Plug and Play installation
- For use as a home network switch or for SOHO users who need to expand on the number of ports of an existing router/switch