The RU-AFC2 is a stereo bi-directional audio format converter. The bi-directional format allows the RU-AFC2 to fully convert the stereo input and stereo output of a consumer audio product to professional balanced standards. It can equally convert the stereo input and stereo output of a professional audio product to consumer unbalanced standards. The audio fidelity, low noise, low distortion and excellent crosstalk performance of the RU-AFC2 are ideally suited to the most critical applications. The RU-AFC2 has been carefully engineered in meticulous detail to provide the ultimate audio interface package available.
Unbalanced audio connections are available on front-panel RCA jacks. Balanced audio connections are available on front-panel XLR jacks and on rear-panel detachable terminal blocks. The shield connections of the XLR output jacks are connected to the case through a rear-panel ground-lift switch. The unbalanced to balanced section includes an additional MONO summed output on a rear-panel detachable terminal block which may be wired balanced or unbalanced. The mono output may be used to drive patch-bay jacks, powered monitors or subwoofer amplifiers.
Each of the left and right outputs is equipped with a dual-LED VU-meter. The intensity of the green LED is proportional to the audio level. The red LED flashes at the calibrated output level, -10 dBV unbalanced or +4 dBu balanced. An individual multi turn level trimmer is provided on the front panel for each output channel.
The RU-AFC2 operates from ground-referenced 24 Vdc. Use the RU-AFC2 individually, or combine it with other RDL products as part of a complete audio/video system.
- Unparalleled Audio Performance
- Unbalanced to Balanced Audio Conversion
- Additional Summed MONO Out
- Switch-Selectable Ground Lift for XLR Output Jacks
- Balanced to Unbalanced Audio Conversion
- Unbalanced RCA Connections on Front Panel
- Balanced XLR Connections on Front Panel
- Balanced Connections on Rear Panel Detachable Terminal Blocks
- Front-Panel Multi-Turn LEVEL Trimmers
- Dual-LED VU Meter for Each Channel
- Gold-Plated Connectors
- Exceptional Headroom and Frequency Response
- 1/3 Rack, High Density Rack Mounting