Wireless, Widescreen HD Projector Delivers Convenient Connectivity for Small- to Medium-Sized Businesses
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 26, 2014 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the PowerLite® 1263W wireless HD projector sold exclusively through distribution, value-added resellers and direct market reseller channels. Delivering sharp, widescreen images and convenient wireless connectivity, the PowerLite 1263W is ideal for displaying content from a laptop, smartphone or tablet onto a big screen.
“The PowerLite 1263W offers a wide range of features to provide small- to medium-sized businesses with advanced projector and connectivity technology at an affordable price,” said Eric Uaje, associate product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Leveraging wireless connectivity and Epson’s new quick connect on-screen QR code feature, this projector makes it even easier to travel and present without a laptop.”
The PowerLite 1263W delivers 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens white brightness2 and widescreen HD performance with WXGA resolution. In addition, the projector offers wireless connectivity, and an HDMI port, which also supports Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL), to display content from MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets.
More about the PowerLite 1263W
The PowerLite 1263W offers several easy-to-use and versatile features ideal for small- to medium-sized businesses, including:
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3-chip 3LCD technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors3. This technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4.
- Wireless Connectivity: Connect directly to a laptop with the included wireless LAN module
- Epson iProjection™: Present content from smartphones or tablets, wirelessly, with the free Epson iProjection™ app5
- QR Code Connection: Epson’s new quick connect on-screen QR code provides access to content from smartphones and tablets; simply turn the projector on, use Epson iProjection to scan the on-screen QR code and be instantly connected to share content
- Advanced Connectivity: HDMI provides high-quality audio and video content with one cable; features two HDMI ports, one with MHL for connecting multiple digital devices, including mobile phones, tablets and other portable devices, for enriched high definition viewing capabilities
- Quick Control: Automatic vertical keystone correction and a horizontal Easy-Slide control bar for enhanced image correction; Direct Power On and Off delivers wall switch power control, Instant Off® quickly powers down the projector with no cool down time, and the A/V Mute Slide pauses the presentation without turning the projector off
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, vis